VEGETABLES, SIDES & SALADS
GREAT BOOK OF GRILLING
About this Cookbook
This book is dedicated to everyone who loves to cook outdoors. Whether you favor using a traditional gas or charcoal grill, the modern digital electric smoker, or the oil-less Big Easy®, you’ll enjoy discovering the delicious recipes and techniques in this book. Take your grill game to the next level!
- 1 pound boneless beef top loin or tenderloin, cut 1-inch thick
- 8 cups torn salad greens
- ¼ cup prepared Italian dressing
- 2 portabella mushroom caps
- 1 large red, yellow, or green bell pepper, cut into 1-inc hwide strips
- 1 medium Japanese eggplant, sliced lengthwise in 1/4- inch slices
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices 1 zucchini, sliced lengthwise in 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
Step by Step Instructions
Grilled Steak & Roasted Vegetable Salad Recipe
Coat vegetables with vinegar, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Grill vegetables; then cool slightly.
Place steaks on grill for 8 to 11 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Remove; let stand 10 minutes.
Carve steaks and roughly chop vegetables; season with salt. Arrange beef and vegetables on greens. Serve with dressing.
Place bacon-wrapped chicken legs on a standing grill rack so that they can cook using indirect heat. (They can also be smoked or fry-roasted in The Big Easy.)
When the bacon is almost crisp, insert an instant-read thermometer into one of the drumsticks to test for doneness (180°F). Lightly brush the drumsticks with barbecue sauce to glaze.
Famous Chefs Grilling Quotes
“A grill is just a source of heat. Just like a stove, it is very user-friendly.”