Easy Gourmet Grilled Cheese Recipes
The Ultimate Comfort Food
By Kim Wilcox, Recipes from The Great Book of Grilled Cheese
Live sessions schedule and menu:
Tuesday, July 27 at 12pm EST: Grilled Slim Shady Supreme Grilled Cheese
Tuesday, August 3 at 12pm EST: 5 Alarm Grilled Cheese
Tuesday, August 10 at 12pm EST: BBQ Mac & Cheese Grilled Cheese
Tuesday, August 17 at 12pm EST: Deviled Bacon Grilled Cheese
After each live session, the full recipe will be revealed below!
A must-have cookbook filled with over 100 recipes for grilled cheese sandwiches, soups, salads, sides, and even desserts, Great Book of Grilled Cheese is sure to be a crowd-pleaser for the whole family! Using easy ingredients and even leftovers, discover endless possibilities for delicious grilled cheese sandwiches, plus the perfect side pairing.
SLIM SHADY SUPREME GRILLED CHEESE RECIPE
When people read this item on our menu, they ask, “Is it good?” Is it good? It is a carb-loaded best seller. You may want to have a knife, fork, and bib handy for this one—you don’t want to end up with spaghetti on your sweater! This concoction was born on my way home from a music festival in Atlanta where Eminem had performed the night before. I was doing my best to belt out my favorite song, and, as he was rapping about his mom’s spaghetti, it came to me: a spaghetti grilled cheese!
- 6 large pepperoni slices
- 2 slices hearty white sourdough bread (use a thick bread to support the weight of the spaghetti)
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1–1 1/2 cups spaghetti with meat sauce
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Parmesan cheese (for garnish)
- Melted butter (for cooking)
1. Heat the griddle to 325°F.
2. Place the pepperoni slices on the griddle or in the pan and cook until they are brown and crispy around the edges. Remove from heat and place on a paper towel to drain.
3. Warm up the spaghetti and set it aside.
4. Using a pastry brush, butter one side of each slice of bread. Place the buttered sides down on the griddle. Put three slices of provolone cheese on each slice of bread.
5. When the cheese starts to melt, place all the pepperoni on one slice of bread. On top of the pepperoni, spread the spaghetti. It doesn’t have to be neat—let it fall over the sides of the bread. Sprinkle the spaghetti with crushed red pepper flakes.
6. When the bread is golden brown and the cheese has melted, use a sturdy spatula to put one half on top of the other.
7. Remove the sandwich from the pan carefully—it will be heavy! Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
Get outside and join the fun with 300 of easy-to-follow recipes from the grilling experts at America’s favorite grill brand! Recipes include delicious grilled & barbecued appetizers, main courses, salads, vegetables, and desserts. Filled with tips and expert advice from the juciest steaks to charcoal vs. gas grills.
From martinis and daiquiris to grasshoppers and tequila sunrises, you can turn your favorite cocktail into an intoxicatingly delicious treat for your next adult party. Spiked Desserts features step-by-step recipes for spiking delicious confections with spirits, wine, and beer. These delightfully tipsy desserts are perfect for dinner parties, potlucks, and pitch-ins!
Get Exclusive Email Offers And Receive 15% OFF On Your First Book Order!
About the Author
Robert Triplett has been carving for most of his life. He retired from the U.S. Army after twenty-five years of service and later worked as a safety engineer at electrical power plants. Born and raised in Bedford County, Pa., Robert lives in Hummelstown, Pa.