More secrets for carving realistic hummingbirds! Includes step-by-step demonstrations, extensive habitat information, paint mixing charts, and full-size patterns for the Anna's, the black-chinned, the Rufous and the Costa's.
Few birds present a carving challenge equal to that of the hummingbird. No bigger than an outstretched hand, the hummingbird sports iridescent coloring, tiny features and amazing ariel maneuvers - all adding to the carver's challenge.
Here, in their second book on hummingbirds for Fox Chapel Publishing, David Hamilton and Charles Solomon reveal the secrets to carving beautifully realistic hummingbirds. Inside you'll find:
- live bird photographs of the Anna's, Costa's, black-chinned and rufous hummingbirds
- measurement charts, lifesize patterns and paint mixing charts for all four hummingbird species
- complete step-by-step instructions for carving, texturing, burning and painting a Costa's hummingbird
- habitat information - including photographs of the live plant, patterns and paint schedules - for the trumpet vine, the penstemon and the prickly pear cactus
- step-by-step how-to information for creating a flowering penstemon vine in copper and a trumpet creeper in wood
Rise to the challenge of hummingbird carving and see how enjoyable hummingbird carving can be. All the information you need is right here at your fingertips in Carving North American Hummingbirds.