The Carving Classics Made Easy series is designed to bring the traditions and joy of woodcarving to a new generation of hobbyists. Each book in the series will guide you step-by-step through a variety of quintessential carving projects, building your confidence along the way. The duck decoy has a long tradition as a classic carving project. Now, you can get started on your own decoy with this instructional guide by award-winning decoy carver, Tom Matus. You will be amazed at your carving success as you follow the author, step-by-step, through an entire drake (male) mallard carving project. Beginning with the head and working through the entire bird, you will be led every step of the way as you learn to carve a decoy. Also included is an in-depth lesson on painting your mallard in the traditional floating decoy style.
· Learn to carve duck decoys by award-winning decoy carver, Tom Matus
· Offers a complete step-by-step project for carving an entire drake mallard decoy
· Includes an in-depth lesson on painting your mallard in the traditional floating decoy style
· Provides a ready-to-use carving pattern and painting color swatches
· Also includes valuable information on wood selection, knife cuts, weighting, and more