Handcraft a classic or contemporary chess set that will be cherished for years to come. With Wooden Chess Sets You Can Make, you will learn to create each piece by using compound cuts on the scroll saw. Patterns and full-color photographs for each of the playing pieces are included (king, queen, bishop, knight, rook, pawn), as well as instructions and scroll saw patterns for a beautiful inlay playing board.
· A complete guide to creating wooden chess sets on the scroll saw
· Includes 9 different designs, from classic to contemporary, as well as technique tips for using compound cuts
· Features complete how-to instructions, tips on safety and finishing, and more
· Full-size patterns for each chess piece included
· Also contains an overview on the history of chess and a helpful wood index